Reality U returned to WHS on Tuesday, WHS Sophomores and students from Argonia, Caldwell, and South Haven participated in the financial literacy excercise.
Reality U helps youth acquire personal financial education to prepare them for their lives as adults – all packed into a highly interactive 75-minute simulation of life!
- Teach teens that their performance in school today can affect their future.
- Provide students with the opportunity to learn and practice personal finance skills.
- Mobilize the community to become involved stakeholders in education, particularly financial literacy education in their local schools.
- Meet several National Standards for Financial Literacy:
- Students will use rational decision-making and planning to set and implement financial goals
- Students will understand sources of income and the relationship between income and career preparation
- Students will understand principles of money management
- Students will understand credit uses and costs.
IMPACT BANK of Wellington and SUMNER COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT sponsored the event.
WHS instructor Rane Case was the event organizer.